If you have been looking for ways to attach CCTV to shipping containers, you may have already come across our heavy duty CCTV pole option which will hold up to 4 professional cameras, up to 5m in the air. However, if you don't need such a heavy duty solution or you need a quicker, easier to install, or more lightweight option then this new Universal CCTV kit for shipping containers might be for you.
Don’t forget that for daytime cameras to work at night then you’ll probably want extra lighting as well. Why not pair up this CCTV solution with one of our Flood light kits to illuminate the area from the same scaffold pole.
For this how to, we’ll show you how to install a CCTV camera up to a recommended 1m above the corner of the shipping container. You can go higher if you like, but you may experience some flex of the scaffold pole in high winds which could cause slightly unsteady footage.
Why attach CCTV to a scaffold tube on a shipping container?
This method is quicker to install and cheaper than our professional CCTV pole solution, which may be over engineered if all you need to do is attach a couple of lightweight CCTV cameras. Using a scaffold pole fixed to the top corner of your shipping container, you can also attach flood lighting and a CCTV camera to the same scaffold pole. This can be installed with just one person, while retaining the benefits of using the shipping container itself as structural support for the CCTV pole, and eliminating the need for digging and cementing a pole into the ground
What you’ll need to install CCTV to a shipping container
With our universal CCTV kit for shipping containers, you’ll have almost everything you need to secure your CCTV and pole to a shipping container. All you’ll need extra is a scaffold tube at the length you require (as well as the shipping container and CCTV camera of course)
Inside the kit you’ll find (1x) Domino Clamp, (1x) 48mm tube clamp with bolts and washers and (1x) universal CCTV bracket.
You’ll also need:
- 48mm tube
- CCTV Camera
- 8mm hex key
- 10mm hex key
How to put it together
- Insert the Domino Clamp to the top corner casting, following our detailed installation instructions if you're unfamiliar with the technique here
- Screw the 48mm Tube Clamp to the Domino Clamp, using the M12 bolts provided
- Attach the camera or cameras to the front plates of the universal camera bracket
- Connect the two plates together using the 4 threaded rods
- Insert the scaffolding tube into the tube clamp, and do up the grub screws with the 8mm hex key
- Place the universal CCTV bracket over the top of the scaffolding tube, do up the 4 bolts nice and tight and angle the cameras in the direction required
Note: Since the universal attachment plate is designed to also accommodate much larger tubes, you will find that the threads are much longer than they need to be. You may wish to cut them in half.
Thanks to Domar Solutions for lending us this CCTV camera we used in the video.