If you have been looking for ways to attach CCTV cameras directly to shipping containers, you may have already found our heavy duty CCTV pole option which will hold up to four professional cameras, up to 5m in the air. But if you don't need such a heavy duty solution or would prefer a quicker, easier to install, and more lightweight option, then our Universal CCTV kit for shipping containers might be for you.
This kit will allow you to install one or two CCTV cameras 80cm above the corner of the shipping container. You can go higher if you like, but you may experience some flex of the scaffold pole in high winds which could cause slightly unsteady footage. If you want to add more cameras, you can order and additional bracket and attach it to the same tube, a little lower down.
Don’t forget that for daytime cameras to work at night you’ll probably want extra lighting as well. Why not pair up this CCTV solution with one of our Floodlight brackets used in our Floodlight kits and illuminate the area from the same scaffold tube.
Why attach CCTV to a scaffold tube on a shipping container?
This method is quicker to install and cheaper than our professional CCTV pole solution, which may be over-engineered if all you need to do is attach a couple of lightweight CCTV cameras. The kit can be installed by just one person, while retaining the benefits of using the shipping container itself as structural support for the CCTV pole, and eliminating the need for digging and cementing a pole into the ground. Using a scaffold pole fixed to the upper corner casting of your shipping container will also allow you to attach floodlighting to the same tube as the CCTV camera, providing additional security to your site.
What you’ll need to mount CCTV cameras to a shipping container
Inside the kit you’ll find (1x) Domino Clamp, (1x) 48mm vertical tube clamp with bolts and washers and (1x) universal CCTV bracket and an 80cm length of aluminium scaffold tube.
You’ll also need:
- CCTV Camera
- 8mm hex key
- 10mm hex key
How to put it together
- Insert the Domino Clamp into one of the top corner castings, following our detailed installation instructions if you're unfamiliar with the technique
- Screw the 48mm vertical tube clamp to the Domino Clamp, using the M12 bolts provided
- Attach the camera(s) to the front plates of the universal camera bracket. (the bracket can hold up to two cameras)
- Connect the two plates together using the four threaded rods
- Insert the scaffolding tube into the tube clamp, and do up the grub screws with the 8mm hex key
- Place the universal CCTV bracket over the top of the scaffolding tube, do up the 4 bolts nice and tight and angle the cameras in the direction required
Note: Since the universal attachment plate is designed to also accommodate much larger diameter tubes, you will find that the threads are much longer than they need to be. You may wish to cut them in half.
Thanks to Domar Solutions for lending us this CCTV camera we used in the video.